Do you feel uncomfortable around the computer? Dying to know what an ‘app’ is? Terrified to delete? Don’t know when to double click vs a single click? Then this is the class for you! And don’t worry, you’re not alone. A lot of people still feel overwhelmed on the computer! We cover all the basic terminology, an overview of computer hardware and a sampling of the Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. This is a great gift idea for someone you know who is still a newbie to the computer age! TERMINOLOGY * MOUSE MOVES * MICROSOFT SAMPLING
We don't currently have this class on the schedule, but we can add it for you! Please choose an available day and time or call us at (909) 981-6331 for more information.
Need a Different Date?
Do the current classes not work for your schedule, or are no classes currently available? No problem! Visit our Schedule a Class page and choose an available day and time or call us at (909) 981-6331 for more information.
- How to open a program
- Understanding the anatomy of a window
- Understanding mouse basics
- Understanding keyboard basics
- Word processing
- Selecting text
- Bolding and italicizing text
- Using Spell Check
- Saving a document
- What can I do with a word processor
- Basic computer vocabulary
- Understanding basic hardware
- What is the hard drive?
- What is RAM or temporary storage
- What is machine language (bits and bytes)
- Harddrive and RAM requirements
- Processor types, capacities, and speeds
- Other storage devices: floppy, CD, DVD
- Moving the cell pointer
- Entering numbers and text
- Inserting and deleting rows
- Writing a formula
- What I can do with a spreadsheet
- What is Windows and what will I experience?
- What is the My Computer icon for?
- How to navigate the storage areas
- Inserting a picture and applying a design
- What I can do with a graphics program
- What to do when my system doesn’t respond
- How to properly shut down a computer
- What can I do with a computer?