This class is designed to help you understand the most vital piece of software on your computer, the operating system! Learn how to navigate to different locations on your computer using Windows File Explorer. Organize your files by using folders. Learn the difference between a 'file' and a 'folder'. This class was intended for the computer novice, but with the release of Microsoft's newest Windows, 8.1, many experienced computer users would benefit from learning the ins and outs of the program.
We don't currently have this class on the schedule, but we can add it for you! Please choose an available day and time or call us at (909) 981-6331 for more information.
Need a Different Date?
Do the current classes not work for your schedule, or are no classes currently available? No problem! Visit our Schedule a Class page and choose an available day and time or call us at (909) 981-6331 for more information.
- What is Windows?
- Understanding the desktop icons
- Using the Start Menu
- Learning to use the mouse
- What are icons, and how do I open and close?
- Understanding window management
- How to move and resize a window
- Using scroll bars
- Lining up and arranging icons
- Understanding the anatomy of a window
- Changing control panel settings:
- Mouse Date and Time
- Screen savers, backgrounds, appearances
- Using WordPad:
- Using the mouse or keyboard to select text
- Performing basic text formatting
- Using the toolbars
- Moving, copying & pasting text
- Using menus and hotkeys
- Saving and printing
- Using and understanding
- Dialog Boxes
- Multi-tasking between programs
- How to copy and paste between programs
- Accessing file storage areas
- Copying and moving files
- Formatting a floppy disk
- Finding files and folders
- Deleting files
- Using the Recycle Bin:
- Restoring or deleting files
- Using Paint to draw pictures
- What are the Paint tools?
- Shutting down the computer