Do you feel uncomfortable around the computer? Dying to know what an ‘app’ is? Terrified to delete? Don’t know when to double click vs a single click? Then this is the class for you! And don’t worry, you’re not alone. A lot of people still feel overwhelmed on the computer! We cover all the basic terminology, an overview of computer hardware and a sampling of the Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. This is a great gift idea for someone you know who is still a newbie to the computer age! TERMINOLOGY * MOUSE MOVES * MICROSOFT SAMPLING
|This class is scheduled on an as-needed basis. Please choose an available day and time or call us at (909) 981-6331 for more information.|
- How to open a program
- Understanding the anatomy of a window
- Understanding mouse basics
- Understanding keyboard basics
- Word processing
- Selecting text
- Bolding and italicizing text
- Using Spell Check
- Saving a document
- What can I do with a word processor
- Basic computer vocabulary
- Understanding basic hardware
- What is the hard drive?
- What is RAM or temporary storage
- What is machine language (bits and bytes)
- Harddrive and RAM requirements
- Processor types, capacities, and speeds
- Other storage devices: floppy, CD, DVD
- Moving the cell pointer
- Entering numbers and text
- Inserting and deleting rows
- Writing a formula
- What I can do with a spreadsheet
- What is Windows and what will I experience?
- What is the My Computer icon for?
- How to navigate the storage areas
- Inserting a picture and applying a design
- What I can do with a graphics program
- What to do when my system doesn’t respond
- How to properly shut down a computer
- What can I do with a computer?